Sontronics products are renowned for their reliability and longevity, which is why we are the only microphone brand in the world to offer a no-fuss LIFETIME WARRANTY on all our new mics.
What our Lifetime Warranty covers
All our products are automatically covered by a two-year manufacturer’s warranty, but any new microphone can be upgraded to Lifetime Warranty if you register your product with us within 30 days of purchase, via the WARRANTY page on our website here.
LIFETIME WARRANTY - TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The Sontronics Lifetime Warranty covers all Sontronics microphones introduced since 2008 against any manufacturing defect or fault.
- The Lifetime Warranty is applied to the FIRST purchaser of a NEW microphone from an authorised Sontronics stockist.
- The Lifetime Warranty can NOT be transferred from one owner to another.
- The Lifetime Warranty does NOT apply to second-hand, pre-owned or ex-demo mics.
- Any new microphones purchased directly from Sontronics (and this includes our B-stock mics) ARE covered by Lifetime Warranty as long as you register your purchase within 30 days.
- The Lifetime Warranty MUST be activated within 30 days of purchase by filling in the form on this page, informing us of your microphone model, serial number, date and place of purchase.
- If the Lifetime Warranty is not activated within 30 days of purchase, a basic 2-year manufacturer’s warranty will apply.
- Any attempt to open the microphone or power supply, remove or change any parts or service the product yourself will invalidate your warranty.
- If you feel that your product has developed a fault that could be covered by the Lifetime Warranty, contact us and we will advise you of your next steps.
- The owner is responsible for postage costs to and from the store where purchased or their local distributor/service centre or directly to Sontronics HQ in the UK.
- Any microphone with a fault that is deemed to be covered by Lifetime Warranty will be repaired/replaced free of charge and returned to the owner (or to the store or local distributor who has forwarded it to us).
- If the fault is deemed NOT to be covered by Lifetime Warranty or regular 2-year warranty, the microphone will be checked and the owner will be contacted with a full diagnosis plus a breakdown of costs for repair/replacement and return shipping. No work will be carried out until the owner has agreed to the costs and terms of the repair/replacement.
- Items NOT covered by Lifetime Warranty include: microphones made prior to 2008 (eg, STC-5, STC-6, original-model STC-1); ribbon elements in Sigma 2, Delta 2 and Apollo 2; valve/tube in Aria and Mercury; Sonora, Sonora 2 or Chimera preamps; Ultima or XLR-USB cables; faults arising from accidental damage; faults arising from general wear and tear; second-hand, pre-owned or ex-demo microphones.
- PLEASE NOTE: It is your responsibility to read the Microphone User Guide supplied with every Sontronics microphone before you use the product, to ensure that you are using it correctly and safely.